Thursday, November 17, 2005

Cooking and Knitting

The spaghetti sauce class I attended on Tuesday was awesome. I'm not sure if I will be able to duplicate the sauce, but I learned a few tricks.
  • Instead of using puree, puree a can of whole tomatoes.
  • Take a good look at the tomato puree and crushed tomatoes and make sure they are bright red in color.
  • Do not stir too much, it will thin out the sauce.
  • Always add tomato paste at the start after the onions are done. If added at the end you'll taste the paste.
  • Add the garlic with the other spices instead of cooking it with the onions.

You know, I think cooking is more of a crap shoot than knitting.


I LOVE Malabrigo yarn. I finished these mittens for my Mum, during my son's hockey practice last night. I'm not sure how durable the yarn will be for mitts, but they sure are soft.











Just put on the needles is a hat made out of Jo Sharp Silk Road Aran Tweed for my son. My son is actually letting me knit him a hat so this project takes precedence before he changes his mind. He's the BLT without mayo or T, pasta without sauce, fajitas with just chicken and cheese kind of guy. This will be a very plain hat.

1 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Patty said...

Nice job on the mittens D! I'll be looking for a lesson!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home