Friday, November 25, 2005

The Day After











I am finally making progress on the socks for my secret sock exchange pal. The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill in colorway Spanish Moss on size 2 needles. Although my sock pal wrote that she loves all colors, I noticed from her blog that she has a fondness for purple. The colors of this yarn remind me of the NH landscape in late fall with blue sky, green pines and "purple mountain haze".

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving hosted by my knitter sister-in-law. She was the lucky one to entertain our family of 28 (Mom, Aunt & Uncle and the families of 6 siblings). It was a wonderful afternoon filled with great food, loving family and of course a little football on the side. Patty is the ultimate party host!

This morning I left the house at 5am to catch a few early bird specials at Circuit City and Dick's Sporting Goods (new additions to the Keene retail scene). I basically rolled out of bed and out the door figuring I would not see anyone I know. I walked in the door of Circuit City and immediately ran into my son's hockey coach, another hockey Mom, a former co-worker and a runner friend. You can't get away with anything in a small town.

After that shopping mob scene I treated myself to a visit to Green Mountain Spinnery. As part of the Putney Craft's Tour they opened their entire facility to the public. It was fascinating to watch the spinning process from sheep shearing to luscious skeins. I picked up a couple irregular skeins of Mountain Mohair with which I hope to make regular mittens.

We are out of here in a bit to bring Cara for a walk in the woods. It's a beautiful day with fresh snow on the trails. And we will not forget to wear orange to alert the hunters of our presence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home