Tuesday, May 16, 2006

It's all about the socks

A couple weeks ago I was in a 3 day meeting with my co-workers, mostly women. We were close to a break (or needing a break) when the conversation starts to drift. Someone mentioned that she wanted to go shopping for shoes. Another "oh yeah, I plan my outfit around shoes". Another "no way...I plan my outfit around pants". I slipped and said "I plan my outfit around socks." I usually blend into conversations with my co-workers, but this created an awkward pause I am not use to being the source of. Heads turned and stared at me until I explained myself. "I like socks." silence "I knit socks." silence "I like wearing hand knit socks." Then they all pretended that last few minutes never happened.

I finished these broadripple socks tonight. Hmmm...what can I wear with them tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Patty said...

Nice Job on the socks! Did you use fixation again? If not...any adjustments to the stitch count?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home