Thursday, May 25, 2006

Knitter's Remorse

What was I thinking, starting this sweater, with such inferior yarn and only 10 days left in the green month of May (per project spectrum). I wanted to revel in this green month and use up my green stash. I am making a basic v-neck cardigan out of a yarn that I bought a year ago just after I started my knitting life. It was a very inexpensive yarn and now I know why. It's like knitting with burlap. Yes...I am knitting a green burlap sweater. I am tempted to go into the woods and hack off some bark for buttons that would be so very appropriate for this burlap sweater. I don't think I would have committed a sweater to this yarn if it were not for the green month of May 2006 and this mistake of a purchase. I'm knitting it until May 31 and then it gets set aside to make way for the blue month of June and Moriah's Wildflower Cardigan.

2 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger Patty said...

Who can I unload my bag of the same stuff on? ;-)

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Sarah at Advancing the Plot said...

Thanks for the lovely note you left on my blog. I am so glad you like your socks.

I actually tried to buy some of that yarn a little while ago to make a pair for myself but it wasn't available. I need to check back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home