Friday, June 09, 2006

Kool. Kool. Kool-Aid!

I know that I am dating myself with that shout. And I am sure anyone born after 1975 has never seen that commercial with the 10 foot pitcher of kool-aid sloshing it's way to a group of thirsty sugar crazed kids. This project was that kind of thrilling. I was inspired by dye-o-rama hosted by scout and attempted to dye my own sock yarn. Once again that great resource knitty.com had a wonderful tutorial, this time on dying yarn with kool-aid. Take plain ol' white yarn and add soaring strawberry lemonade, arctic green apple and changin' cherry kool-aid (yes...even kool-aid has had to hype up their product with soaring, arctic, changin' etc.). The superwash yarn just soaks up this stuff.
And I love how it is knitting up. The socks looks like slices of seedless watermelon. Cool.

1 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Blogger Sarah at Advancing the Plot said...

The yarn looks great. Kool aid dying looks like so much fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home