Monday, January 09, 2006

Ready, Set, WIND...then knit

Today I purchased the yarn at my lys, for the six week Aran Cable Sweater class that starts on Thursday. I picked out a heather gray shade (officially named Pearl) of Harrisville Designs Highland. The yarn is reasonably priced for wool and I like the fact that it is spun at a mill just a few miles from Keene. The light color will really show off the cables (and my mistakes). In my short knitting life (less than a year), I've started a sweater 5 times and finished none. I'll now start praying to the patron saint of knitting, Saint Parascheva. My class instructor is very good, but I think I'll need more than she can offer to help me finish this sweater.

I still have a few things left on the needles that I would like to have finished before the class starts, but I don't think it is going to happen. I'm almost done with one jaywalker sock, still have 6" left to knit on the French Market bag and just started a wrap in Noro Kochoran. I will NOT start anything else until these items are done.

2 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your photo.... They look awesome.

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Patty said...

No rest for the wicked! See you on Thursday evening!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home