Sunday, February 12, 2006

Citius, Altius, Fortius

Faster Higher Stronger. Let the games begin. I have joined another knit along - the Knitting Olympics. Amazingly there are over 4,000 knitters all over the world that have joined this endeavor. We casted on during the opening ceremonies on February 10th and need to finish our project by the closing ceremonies on February 26th. The theme is to challenge ourselves, so I chose this intricate (intricate for me) Conwy sock pattern. The pattern calls for Lorna's Laces sock yarn and lucky me received some for Christmas from my wonderful SIL Patty. The baltic sea color is beautiful. I knitted the cuff during part of the opening ceremonies (what was the point of that Ferreira spinning donuts if you could not see the Olympic rings through all the smoke). This will be my vacation project when we report to spring training in Fort Myers next week.

I am putting the socks aside until I finish the sleeves for my aran sweater. The front and back of the sweater of the sweater have been binded together. I hope I can finish the sleeves by my last class on Thursday. If not, there are always other knitters from Keene that will be happy to instruct me.

1 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home